Does my WALK match my TALK?
In 1987, our Executive Director was challenged with the statement, “I am pro-life by conviction, but pro-abortion by default.”In other words, you can talk like life is sacred and should be protected, but as a result of not walking out your conviction you are pro-abortion. Our Executive Director was convicted by the statement and soon made sure his talk matched his walk. Everyone can’t be an Executive Director of a life-affirming ministry to walk out their pro-life conviction, but everyone can walk out their conviction at a Walk for Life!
How does a Walk for Life put the walk in your pro-life talk? Your participation in the Walk for Life helps raise needed support for a culture of life ministry, Skylark. The Center is a Christ-centered ministry dedicated to advancing the Sanctity of Human Life and Sexual Purity. Every day emotional, physical, and spiritual support is offered to women and their families facing unplanned pregnancies. In other words, everything you raise to sponsor your walk will support our ever-expanding free and confidential services which include:
- Taking every opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus Christ to this culture
- Pregnancy Testing and Peer to Peer Options Counseling
- Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound & Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing with treatment
- Bringing a message in schools, youth groups, and with clients that sexual purity is achievable
- Practical assistance with Dedication Dollar Incentive Program to provide maternity clothes, baby clothing and baby supplies for active participants
- Post abortion recovery group offering healing and forgiveness to an often pain-filled memory
This year’s walk for life is being held on March 2, 2019 in three convenient walk locations:
Glynn County – North Glynn Recreation Complex Walking Track
Wayne County – Bill Morris Park Walking Track
Camden County – Camden PSA Walking Track – between the stadium and high school
Register to be a Sponsored Walker OR Sponsor an Existing Walker by clicking one of the links below:
If you would like to get involved in the Walk, contact your local center today!